Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Holidays are over...but Valentine's Day is coming!!

I think it's crazy that when I go to the store now, there are already Valentine Day decorations on sale. I haven't even taken my Christmas decorations down yet!

The holidays here were busy busy. We spent most of the time driving the triangle of Texas cities visiting family. While we had a good time at each location (Dallas, San Antonio and Houston), when we got back we were beat. And to slam that point home, once New Years passed I came down with a vicious cold which I am trying to recover from. I kept telling myself that it was just allergies since the weather would jump from 75 degrees one day to 30 the next, but I finally admitted to myself on Sunday that it is a cold/virus. Not that this affects Joshua's schedule...he of course is constantly moving. He had a great time visiting everyone and he came home with more cars than he knows what to do with!

Other than that, we also came home with some minor scrapes and bruises...from slipping on the floor, to slamming our head on the back of a pew (we went home shortly after that incident), he is becoming more of a toddler, than a little baby. Babbling lots too. His new favorite thing is "Dora the Explorer". He goes around saying, "Dora? Dora?". He loves this little Hispanic cartoon girl so much, that he sometimes wakes up saying her name!

In the mad dash of driving around Texas, i forgot to pack our camera to take pictures of the holidays. We snagged a few from Derek's iPhone, but there's not much to see regarding Christmas. the rest is sort of a culmination of pictures taken over the past few months. To see all the pics, go here.

2 comments:

JMK said...

How wonderful to see all your family during the holidays! Loved the pictures. Joshua is so cute and yes, the total boy w/ all his cars! He and Samuel would have a ball together w/ Jacob. When I'm living in TX again we'll have to get together w/ ALL the kids and let them play.

Sarah said...

I don't know how you were able to do it - that is just too much travel for me! I'm so glad you did though because it was great that we were able to get together. Miss you guys!