Friday, December 11, 2009

November Recap and Car trouble

Derek and I for some reason just don't have very good luck with our cars and the past few months have cost us a small fortune in the process of repairing them. It's never really normal things, it's always something dramatic and costs us a lot of money. It started in the summer when Derek's tire blew out on the highway...he was ok, but had to change his tire right there in his suit and tie. After we got that fixed, the following week his car wouldn't start after work, so we had to go and pick him up and get his car towed. We find out that his battery had leaked acid all over the cables and had to get them replaced.

Then in August, my car started blowing hot air in my face and I went in thinking they just needed to add freon to my car. When the mechanic came out he asked my if I had an extended warranty on my car and that's when I figured that it wasn't just freon that was needed. After they fixed it, it was my air compressor had broken. I have no idea what that is or what it does, but they thought it was so unusual that they took picture of it and sent it to other technicians. that and they actually brought it out to me to show me where it broke. It looked pretty bad I guess!!

Finally, Derek's car again!!! The battery acid leaking thing happened again and we were not happy. At least it happened at home, but still had to get it towed and repaired again. It's working for 3 days and then the starter breaks. If anything else happens to his car this year I told him I don't know if I still want his.

Anyways, all I really remember of November is football. We've watched a lot of it and we went to TCU and Cowboys games which was a lot of fun. We did (of course) celebrate Thanksgiving and since we went to the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, we celebrated on Friday with a turducken. Click on the link if you're not sure what that was. We went the easy way and got one already prepared, but we had to at least bake it. It was delicious!!!

Joshua has grown again. I'm afraid he's going to grow out of his clothes before the winter is over and I'm not too thrilled about that. He is finally stringing a few words together and starting to speak a few sentences. I still can't understand a lot of what he is saying, but I can get the jist. Last week he told me "All Done Cheese" when I asked to take his picture. He also likes to tell me, "police car trouble" because we were driving one day and we saw a police car with its lights flashing with a car and I explained to him that the police car stopped the other car because they were in trouble. He understood a lot more than I thought!

Sorry, this was a long one!

2 comments:

JMK said...

How funny! We had a turduken in Florida one year!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about the car trouble. I'm hoping my almost 10 year old car continues to hold up.